A Holistic Approach
The school’s emphasis is a solid academic foundation, artistic expression, and social / emotional development. A holistic, arts-integrated approach to learning emphasizes the child’s relationship to the natural world thereby promoting respect for the environment and humankind. The goal is to nurture the whole child with the objective of enabling students to become self-motivated, competent life-long learners.
As a County-authorized charter school, students come from all communities including Seaside, Monterey, Marina, Pacific Grove, Carmel, Big Sur, Prunedale and Salinas. Committed to educating the whole child, the school endeavors to foster the unfolding of each child’s full potential.
Inspire Joyful Learning and Courageous Living!
We are a Head Heart Hands community
- Experiential Learning
What is a California Charter?
“It is the intent of the Legislature, in enacting this part, to provide opportunities for teachers, parents, pupils, and community members to establish and maintain schools that operate independently from the existing school district structure, as a method to accomplish all of the following:
- Improve pupil learning.
- Increase learning opportunities for all pupils, with special emphasis on expanded learning experiences for pupils who are identified as academically low achieving.
- Encourage the use of different and innovative teaching methods.
- Create new professional opportunities for teachers, including the opportunity to be responsible for the learning program at the schoolsite.
- Provide parents and pupils with expanded choices in the types of educational opportunities that are available within the public school system.
- Hold the schools established under this part accountable for meeting measurable pupil outcomes, and provide the schools with a method to change from rule-based to performance-based accountability systems.
- Provide vigorous competition within the public school system to stimulate continual improvements in all public schools.”
Charter and Accreditation
MBCS provides classes in several specialties that reflect the core principles of Public Waldorf Education. Orchestra, Handwork, Woodworking, Spanish, Games (P.E.), Strings, Theater, Technology/STEAM, Javelin, Archery, Study Skills, Forging, Circus Skills and Choral Singing are taught by teachers with specialized training in these subject areas. See the Program Description for more details on classroom subjects.
For further information on the school’s State testing results, please see the link below:
How We Are Funded
Special Event Notices
Subscribe to MBCS special event notices (5-6 flyers per school year). Each flyer contains an unsubscribe link so you may opt out easily at any time.