I wanted to take a moment to formally introduce myself and share our school development goals for the coming year.
I am Candace Villarta, and I was hired in August to be Monterey Bay Charter School’s Communications & Development Manager. I have four children, three of which attend Monterey Bay Charter School. I have spent the last four years as the Parent Circle Chair planning numerous school events and fundraisers. I am excited to be in this role. Nonprofit work is a passion of mine. I believe in going the extra mile to help others and I believe in the power of community. Monterey Bay Charter School is a special place for our family.
As we start a new year, we have some exciting development goals.
- Communication. We believe in continuous interactions with our donors. We want our mission and goals to resonate with you the way they do for us.
- Transparency. We want our community to see their donations being put to use. It is important for you to see the impact your contribution is having at our school.
- Creative Fundraisers. The pandemic has changed our annual fundraisers and special events. We will continue to be creative and strive to reach our fundraising goals with fun, innovative and safe fundraisers.
- Gnome Highlights Monthly Newsletter. Our short and sweet newsletter will highlight donor acknowledgments, upcoming events and acknowledges teacher and student triumphs in our current distance learning format.
- Learning in the Great Outdoors Initiative. We cannot wait to be together again, and it must be done safely. Our Ocean Guardian team, parents, students and administration have been working on creative ways to learn outside when we can resume in-person instruction. Our goal is to ensure that our teachers and students have the resources they need to support a successful hybrid learning experience when school can resume.
- Overall Fundraising Goals. Due to the pandemic, all schools are currently facing deep budget cuts. As a public charter school, Monterey Bay Charter School does not qualify for additional financial support from the CARES Act. Our garden, music, woodworking, blacksmith and art programs are integral parts of our curriculum. We will continue to do our best to ensure these programs succeed.
We appreciate you! We hope you know that. Thank you for continuing to support our vision of providing an amazing education for our students, guided by the Core Principles for Public Waldorf Education.
MBCS Communications & Development Manager